For commercial purposes, you will not be able to enjoy the3 benefits of overseas direct import without having to follow other conditions.
A personal item refers to any item that is not intended for commercial use as a small quantity item to be used for self-service (self-use items) or to be presented to nearby relatives.
Commercial goods means goods sold outside or used for your own or others' business.
Classification standard - Swearing black is white does not work.
Whether it is for personal use or for commercial purposes, apparently it is not exposed, and only the purchaser of the products knows how to use it.
So, at first glance, all items of overseas direct import will always be claimed for private use, but it's not really so.
There is no absolute standard in the law, but it is helpful to refer to below.
- If the purchaser declares it to be commercial, it is always considered commercial.
- The first judge, whether personal or commercial, is the discretionary act of the relevant customs director (actually, the customs officer) under the Act. Therefore, if the customs director decides not to be commercial or personal, it is not.
- Customs officers can not judge freely, and judge them roughly on the basis of common sense. (Judging based on purchase motivation, property of the article, quantity, price, use, explanation of the self, etc.)
- The most important thing is the quantity purchased and whether it is purchased frequently.
1Case judged to be commercial
- A case in which 20 pieces of polo shirts of the same design were claimed as personal use purpose
- If you bought 12 pairs of Nike shoes at a time
- If you bought 20 bottles of health supplements for 3 months per 1 bottle at a time
- If you purchased five smartphones or tablet PCs at once
- If you purchased 1KG of dried sea cucumber etc.
2Examples got recognition as a personal use
- If you bring 50 sample cosmetics in small bottles
- If you purchase seven assembly toys
- If you purchase a variety of personal items (hairpins, straps, beauty products, clothing, etc.)
- If you purchased three purses
- If you purchased 10 scarves, etc.